Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Personal Response

Every year when my family and I go to Snowmass it always seems that skiers extremely dislike snowboarders. Most of the time it is adult skiers that dislike the boarders. Usually it is the mid-age male boarders that the skiers dislike because they are so crazy. On the slopes the boarders are very reckless and go speeding by everybody. Sometimes it really irritates the skiers because skiers are more of the, take you time-go slow-enjoy it, type. Boarders on the other hand are more the go fast-beat everyone down the hill-speed by everybody type. There are some mountains that are for skiers only and no boarders are allowed.
I personally think that t hat this is unfair because it is like a stereotype against boarders. Anytime I am riding down the mountain and pass a skier, they always give me this stick-eye look, like this what is you problem/what are you doing here, look. The worst is in line to get on the chair lift. When standing in line for the lift the people in each line must alternate letting people through. When my friends and I (who are all boarders) stand in line, adult skiers don’t let us in. they always follow the people in front of them real close so that there is no room for us to jump in line. The only way for us to get in line is to either, jus go in line and cut in front of them, or if there are other boarders that let us in. Another reason I think that it is unfair is because there are young skiers that are jus as bad or even worse.
I think that there is a personal battle between boarders and adult skiers that rages in the mountains. Although I think it is unfair I don’t really mind it. They can think what they want and I’ll jus mind my own business. I don’t know them and they don’t know me, the only thing we know about each other is that I’m a punk boarder and they are older skiers that complain about everything.
Even though we don’t like each other, I still have a great time and look forward to next year.

No comments: