Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Ghost Story

A couple years back, when I was about ten, my family and I went camping. We went to Lanikuhonua which is out in Ko'Olina. It is a privately owned piece of property, so we were the only ones camping there. We were also joined by 5 other families, all close to ours. Lanikuhonua is like a small Kapi'olani park; its a big open field that is right on the beach, with pal trees and KuKui nut trees. There is electricity but only in certain areas, and most of the time the lights are off.
One night all the dads went toot the UH football game and all the moms went into town to go out to dinner. There were six boys left behind to fend for themselves. Me along with five of my good friends sat around the camp fire and pondered on what to do. After about 30 m minutes of sitting there thinking and talking story we all decided to play flash light tag. We decided to play partners, Kyle and Taylor were "it", so the other to pairs went of and hid. Thurston and I went up the parking lot. As we were up there we kept hearing strange noises, things neither of us have ever heard before. I had a chilling feeling through out my body, and I always had this sensation to look behind us. There were only three cars in the parking lot that night: a small car, a van, and a truck, lined up in that order. After a few minutes we went and hid in between the van and the truck. This whole time we were hiding I still had this chill in my body. Literally a minute after we hid behind the van Kyle and Taylor came running up the driveway from the park. They look towards us, and took off running back into the park. I looked at Thurston and said, "That was weird. Why didn't they look for us?" He shrugged his shoulders quietly. After about another five minutes of waiting, we went back down to the camp site. Nobody was around, nobody was running around, nobody was screaming and having a good time, nobody was sitting by the camp fire sippin' on cokes, everybody was gone. we went to Kyle's tent where we found the other four boys sitting there just talking and eating cheetos. When they saw us they had this surprised, like Oh my god, look on there face.
"Did you see it" they asked.
"See what?" I replied.
"The man behind you, in the parking lot. The man with the pipe in his hand, behind the truck. How could you not see him, he was standing right behind you." I looked at Thurston and he looked at me. We both had a oh my god there was a ghost behind us look, but at the same time bummed that we didn't see it. We stood up outside of the tent and looked toward the parking lot, and off in the distance now inside the park, was a white figure with what looked like a long hard object in his hand, walking in our direction. I ducked my head inside the tent and told the guys to look. When my head reappeared from he tent, along with four other heads, the figure was gone. We sat in the tent for the rest of the night talking about what just happened and what it could of been. That whole three and a half hours till the adults came back was the most exciting yet scary three and half hours of my life.

No comments: